Comet Car Rental not only provides cash car rental to South African citizens but we also are one of the only car rental companies in South Africa offering this convenient option to overseas visitors and foreigners with our cash car rental option this means paying using Cash*, EFT* or Debit Card! This applies to both short and long-term car rentals. So this means you can enjoy your holiday and not worry about payment for your car hire.
Are you trying to rent a car in South Africa, but don’t have a credit card? Then use South Africa’s biggest independent car rental company with offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth. Comet Car Rental can help with cash car rental; we have a wide range of rental cars on our fleet and allow you to pay with a credit card, debit card, EFT or cash* for your car hire in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban or Port Elizabeth. The best part is that you can rent a car without a credit card, and you will not pay a surcharge or exhorbitant rates. This really is cheap cash car rental.
All you need to rent a car with cash* from Comet Car Rental is proof of your identity and the cash car hire amount plus the refundable deposit. For more info on our daily rates and deposits, see our Car Rental Rates. Usually clients will give us the following documents:
– Drivers license
– Payslip or Bank statement with home address reflecting
When you return the rental car, Comet will refund your cash car hire deposit within 72 hours if there is no damage to the vehicle. If you want your deposit sooner, we will put your deposit on top of the pile and refund you within 1 working day of your rental return.
Don’t be stuck without a car again because you don’t have a credit card – Rent a Car Cash from Comet today for affordable, reliable, and easy car rental!
A few requirements regarding your drivers licence:
1. South African law requires a driver to have a valid unendorsed driver’s licence in their possession whilst driving a vehicle on the road in South Africa.
2. Comet requires the driver/s to have held their drivers licence for a minimum of one (1) year.
3. An additional driver is authorised only if you pay an additional driver charge, and provided that the additional driver has held a drivers licence for a minimum of one year.
4. In the event of the driver being under 23 years, a young driver surcharge will apply providing the driver has held a drivers licence for a minimum of two (2) years.
5. The driver and or person hiring the vehicle in possession of a foreign drivers license is required to have an international drivers permit or English Translation should the foreign drivers licence not be in English
6. A Foreign Drivers License needs to have the recipients signature and photograph to be valid
Comet Car Rental adheres to this according to the National Road Traffic Act, Act no 93 of 1996 as some foreign Driver’s Licences may not be covered if an incident occurs without an International Drivers Permit
7. An International Drivers Permit is not a licence and cannot be used independently or instead of your Foreign Driver’s Licence
Purpose of International Drivers Permit
– It authenticates your Foreign Driver’s Licence.
– Is only valid for driving a vehicle within the categories that are covered by their Foreign Driver’s Licence;
– Is no longer valid once the actual corresponding Foreign Driver’s Licence has expired;
Let us know when you frequently visit South Africa and which parts are your favorite destination!
*Terms and Conditions Apply